As soon as the Disneyland Resort announces the dates for Halloween Time our family starts planning our costumes. We know that we are going to go on Opening Night, as we do every year. . Halloween at Disneyland is a big deal and a family tradition for us.
10 Tips to make the most of your night
at Mickey's Halloween Party:
- Get there early and stay late. This event is so popular it's almost always is sold out. We suggest getting there at least an hour early and walk around or eat an early dinner at one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney. At the same time, if you can stay until closing, do so. The hours fly by when you are having fun & if everyone in your party can hang late, we've found staying until the very end is even more enjoyable once the crowds die down.
- Park in the Toy Story Parking Lot. You will take a shuttle to the park instead of the tram but it is usually a lot less crowded and the Mickey and Friends Parking Lot can be absolutely jammed. Toy Story Parking Lot is located at Katella and Harbor.
- Expect Traffic! We can't warn you enough that it can take up to an hour to get from the freeway exit to the entrance gate. Pack extra patience and know that once you're inside the "Happiest Place On Earth" it will all be worth it.
- Pack Water. All that trick or treating fun is hard work and chocolate makes you really thirsty. They sell water at the parks but we like to bring our own water so we can spend our money on food and souvenirs.
- Bring Your Own Trick or Treating Bags. As you enter the park, they give each guest a small size bag. We prefer to bring our own larger size bag and you can even match it to your costume if you want. A larger bag is also good to carry your bottle of water and maybe even a sweatshirt.
- Don't Stop At The First Trick or Treat Trail You Come To. If the line is long at the first trick or treat station pass it up and head further into the park. There are so many Trick or Treat Trails you don't have to stop on Main Street, it's usually the most crowded. If you do see long lines, don't worry they move quickly.
- Bring Your Camera and or Video Camera. Although most of the party takes place in the dark. You can get some great photos of your kids meeting characters in costumes. Video cameras are especially fun at the 2 dance party areas.
- Bring Glow Sticks and a Small Flashlight. Glowing in the dark is fun at any age. Head over the the dollar store and buy some glow necklaces or bracelets to add to the fun. Having a small flashlight has really come in handy for our family and can also be used to play shadow games on the ground while waiting in lines.
- Comfortable Shoes. Wear your costume and go all out! But we highly suggest wearing comfortable shoes. Even a Princess gets blisters and tired feet, especially if she's running around all night in her glass slippers.
- You Have To Ask For Healthy "Treats". At every trick or treat station they have a variety of healthy snacks like raisins, carrots, dried cranberries and apples. But we have found that you have to ask for the healthy snacks.
Mickey's Halloween Party
Mickey's Costumes Party Cavalcade
This awesome parade can only be seen during Mickey's Halloween Party. There are two parades beginning at 8:30pm and 10:30pm.
Jack Sekellington hosts this Halloween fireworks "spooktacular" which is shown nightly at 9:30pm.
Enjoy music and dancing at
Buzz Lightyear's Intergalactic Space Jam located at Tomorrowland Terrace and
Piratepalooza located at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante.
Pose for a photo with some of your favorite Disney and Pixar Pals!
Find out where to find your favorite friends below:
HALLOWEEN TIME TICKETS GIVEAWAY:
We are excited to be hosting a giveaway of 2 tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland. Make sure to enter! Contest closes October 4, 2012. Good Luck!
Disclosure: We were invited to preview Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland. All thoughts, opinions and helpful trick or treat suggestions are those of Disney Sisters only.