We’re getting so excited about our Disney Side Party! We’re still in the planning stages but as soon as the
box American Tourister Suitcase
arrived filled with Disney delights, we put on our thinking cap—aka our Mickey Ears—and came up with some
creative ways to use some of the goodies in the #DisneySide Home Celebrations Kit.
Get Crafty with Cupcake Liners
Of course you could use cupcake liners for cupcakes but consider some of these other fun, festive options. There are so many cute and creative things you can do with these inexpensive accessories.
- Cover a strand (or two) of twinkle lights with the cups to create some extra Disney magic for your evening DisneySide party.
- Use the cups for a sweet, with hint of healthy, snack. Combine nuts, Craisins, marshmallows, M&Ms, etc.
- Get crafty at (or before) the party and make a bouquet of Disney flowers. All you need besides the cupcake cups are green pipe cleaners.
- Serve bright colored pop cycles (fruit pops are a great choice) and catch the drips with the Disney décor.
Game On with Paper cups
The obvious use would be to serve drinks in your cups but how about keep them empty and using them for a game? Get ping pong balls, decorate them and let your young guests toss the balls (or bounce them) into the cups. If a ball lands in a cup that has a Mickey sticker on the bottom, it’s a win. Goofy temporary tattoos are the perfect prize!
DIY Disney Shirts with Hanes T-Shirts
Crafting is a great way to get kids and adults alike engaged in a party setting. Because some people (us included) are a tad intimidated by a blank canvas, so to speak, offer up a simple Hanes t-shirt station with one sample shirt on display. Lay out different shirts in color and sizes. You can offer guests a number of creative directions that encourage simple DisneySide shirt decorating. If you opt for a craft station, consider using the plastic Disney table cloth to cover your craft table to protect it from paint.
- Use Disney Cookie Cutter shapes or with fabric paint to decorate the shirts. This is a simple and fun way to have your guests show off their #DisneySide and have a keepsake to take home. When using cookie cutters as stamps you have to use fabric paint so be sure to have a place to lay shirts out to dry. It won’t take long but it might be best to do this craft first so the paint has time to dry during the remainder of the party.
- Silhouettes colored with Fabric Pens are an easy and adorable way to express your guest’s DisneySide. If you have the silhouettes cut out before the party then guess can just use the fabric pens to trace and color in. The beauty of the pens is that they dry pretty quick so you can wear your shirt for the party! We found 3 free downloadable pdfs from Bryton Taylor. Adorable, right?
DIY Photo Booth with Table Cloth Backdrop
Not only can plastic table cloths be used for a craft work station, you can also hang them up on any wall for a photo booth. It makes the perfect booth backdrop and it is so easy! Get out all the wearable Disney accessories you can find (we’ve got bins full of them) and make them available to your guests. Have them use their own phones to capture the moments, use your own camera and/ or have a camera on a tripod with the timer set so no one has to “man” the booth during the party. If you capture the photos on your own camera, you can also share photo booth highlights from you party on your blog or Facebook! Just ask permission from your guests.
Thank You Notes with HP Photo Card Pack
With the photos you captured in your #DisneySide photo booth, you can create the perfect thank you note. Print out your favorite photos on the paper in the HP Photo Card Packs and mail them off. For artwork to use on the photos you can use the HP app and print right from you mobile device. Easy and adorable! Your guests will love a keepsake photo of them showing off their #DisneySide.
We can’t wait to hear about all of your ideas and plans for how you’ll be using your kit. Anything you want to share? As per the usual, we’re all ears!
Disclosure: We received free products in order to host the Disney Side @Home Celebration. The thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are 100% magical and 100% those of Disney Sisters only.